Watch these videos by legendary musicians and singers. Get inspired to participate in light music competition on the largest platform in North America. Present your singing talent in front of legendary judges.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENTRIES. ENTRY PERIOD IS CLOSED.
We are in the process of reviewing and judging the entries and will have more updates soon.
We are excited to host BMM2019 सा रे ग म competition to encourage talent and provide a platform to singers of light Marathi vocal music (Sugam Sangeet).
We hope you all will participate with great enthusiasm.
General Rules, Eligibility and Guidelines:
- The competition will be held in two age groups: Youth (age 12 – 22), Adult (age 22 and above). The age admitted shall be as of July 11, 2019.
- Participation in this competition is discouraged from such people who are already established professional singers of repute.
- Participants are encouraged to be either members themselves or children of members of any local Marathi Mandal, however mandal membership is not a requirement for this contest.
- The competition will be held in following stages:
- Preliminary Round(s) will be conducted in a virtual environment where participants will submit their performance videos online in a manner prescribed by the BMM2019 competition organizers.
- Final rounds will be conducted at the time of BMM2019 convention. All finalists will have to be registered for BMM2019 as attendees and bear their convention registration, travel and accommodation costs to be eligible for Finals.
- The songs to be presented shall be only in Marathi language (Sanskrit is not permissible). However, songs in old Marathi (such as Dnyaneshwari) or rural Marathi (such as a Powada, Lavani, village Lok-Geet, etc) are acceptable. Songs can be from any source as long as they are in Marathi. All genres such as classical, light, folk, devotional, Natyasangeet, etc. are allowed.
- Preliminary round(s) can be performed on track music or live music or without music. Live musicians will be provided by BMM2019 for the final round.
- The entry fee per participant will be $35 and is nonrefundable.
- Only one entry is allowed per participant.
- The video should be a new video created for the BMM2019 entry.
- Preliminary round digital video entries can be maximum 2 minutes in length.
How to enter the contest:
- All entries for first round will be digital video entries done via the BMM2019 Sa re ga ma entry form (see entry form link below).
- After clicking the link for entry form, you will be directed to the BMM2019 competitions via submittable.com application.
- If you are a new user to the submittable.com application, please create a new user account after clicking the entry form link at the bottom of this page. You can then create your entry in the submittable application.
- If you are an existing user of submittable.com, you can use your submittable user id and password to access your submissions history, drafts and new entry forms.
- Primary contact can be the participant (if 18 years or older) or an adult (18 years or older) entering the information and accepting the terms and conditions on behalf of the participant. If Primary contact is same as participant, he/she will need to enter their name as primary contact and participant nameboth.
- The address and phone number entered should be primary contact’s address (same as payment card address). In addition, participants should provide their city and state/province name.
- The participants should upload video for Sa re ga ma entry in any of the following formats – mp4, AVI, 3GP, WebM, MKV, MOV, MPG, FLV, WMV, M4V with maximum size 400 MB.
- The participants should only upload their singing video with no commentary or information that provides their details within that video file. Teacher or music school’s name and personal information will be part of the entry form fields but should not be within the video file in any format.
- The entry form and video cannot be updated or cancelled once submitted.
- Participants will need to provide the required information, upload the video and make the full payment via submittable application in order to submit the entry. Participants have the option to “Save as Draft” to save partially entered forms. Participants will be required to complete all the information and submit the form before the entry deadline to complete the entry process.
- Your entry will be considered complete only after all the required fields are entered, the digital videos have been uploaded and the entry fee has been paid.
- Participants will receive a confirmation of their submission and payment receipt of their entry fee on the email provided in the entry form.
- The final day to submit entries is 31 January 2019.
- Participant can login to the submittable application to view their submissions.
Please read the additional terms and conditions on the link below before submitting your entry