Competitions and Exhibitions Terms & Conditions:
Competitions are open to participants (“Participants”) who are compliant with entry/registration and payment requirements of the respective competition(s). Additionally, all finalists selected from all the competitions must be registered to attend the BMM2019 Convention to be held in Dallas, TX (the “Convention”) in order to qualify to compete in the final rounds, which may be held prior to or during the Convention.
Participants must be at least 12 years of age, unless specified otherwise in any particular competition-specific guidelines (“Guidelines”).
- Any and all entries constitute Participant’s certification that he/she meets the eligibility requirements set forth in these Terms and Conditions and any Guidelines.
- BMM2019 Convention Committee (“BCC”) reserves the right to verify eligibility of any Participant. Winning any prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Terms and Conditions and any Guidelines.
- All the information provided in a participant’s application, either in an entry form or otherwise, must be truthful, accurate, and not misleading in any shape or form. Participant shall inform BCC of any changes in the supplied information immediately; a failure to do so in a timely manner may lead to disqualification of the Participant(s).
- Participant acknowledges and understands that BCC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or disqualify any participant from any competition for any reason it deems appropriate, and that such decision by BCC will be final and binding.
- Participant shall assume all responsibility for all costs related to the entry fee for any/all competitions, registration fee for the Convention, travel, lodging, meals, all other incidental costs for participating in any competition, attending the Convention, and getting to/from the Convention venue as many be required.
Participant acknowledges and understands that BMM, BMM2019 or any of their affiliated or related entities shall not be liable for any compensation of any sort to the participant if the participant is unable to attend or take part in the competition, after registering for or entering into the respective competition, for any reason whatsoever.
- ARTWORK, PHOTOS, VIDEOS OR AUDIO RECORDINGS: The artwork, photos, videos or audio recordings submitted by the Participants must expressly comply with the following requirements:
- They shall not contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing;
- They shall not include a mention or a performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property;
- They shall not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Particularly with respect to any video submissions, they must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures; and
- The submitted work shall not include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities or friends who have not expressly authorized Participants to display their image, likeness or voice in any submitted photo, audio, video, or artwork.
By entering in any one of the competitions, each Participant represents and warrants that his or her entry does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.
- Participant further represents and warrants that he or she has secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced or appearing in their submissions.
To the extent that anyone under the age of 18 appears in a photo or video, Participant represents and warrants that the minor’s parents consented to the minor’s appearance in the photo or video and the public display of such photo or video.
BCC reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any submission that it believes violates any of the requirements set forth in these Terms and Conditions or in any Guidelines or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the competitions or the Convention.
- Participants may retain copyrights in their work as submitted, but each Participant grants to BMM, BMM2019 and their affiliated and related entities a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to edit, publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit or disseminate the submissions in all media or platforms nationally or internationally. Furthermore, BCC reserves the right to film and/or audio/video record performances at all stages of competitions including the final events during the BMM2019 Convention and shall retain all copyrights in these photos, audios, videos and films. With respect to such photos, audio or video recordings by BMM, BMM2019, and their affiliated and related entities expressly reserve the right to edit, publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit or disseminate the submissions in all media or platforms nationally or internationally.
Participant hereby warrants that he/she has not entered into any commercial, sponsorship, or other such agreement or arrangement with any person, firm, or company with respect to his/her entry in or submission to the competition and/or musical, musical writing and/or performing abilities, and agrees not to enter into any such agreement or arrangement until conclusion of BMM2019 Convention.
Participants acknowledge and agree to abide fully by rules, regulations, Guidelines, Terms and Conditions as set forth by BCC, and agree to observe all procedures and obey all reasonable instructions stated by BCC and management of the Convention venue including, but not limited to, the fire safety and security arrangements at the Convention venue.
Participants expressly acknowledge that BCC, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to amend the Guidelines or Terms and Conditions (including any verbal instructions) or terminate any competition at any time. Decisions made by BCC shall be final and binding in all matters related to all competitions.
The final selection rights will remain solely with competition judges and/or BCC and any challenge or appeal related to the selections will not be allowed or considered. All decisions related to all selections by the judges and by BCC shall be final and binding.
- Any disputes arising out of or related to the participation in any competitions, submission of any artwork, photos, audios, or videos, or related activities shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas and shall be adjudicated in the local, State or Federal courts located in the City of Dallas, Texas.
- All Participants over the age of 18 or any parents and/or guardians of minor Participants hereby registered and participating, fully release BMM2019, BCC, their affiliated and related entities, directors, agents, independent contractors, and volunteers (collectively referred to as “BMM2019 Indemnitees”) from any and all claims, damages, liability, loss of service, and causes of action of any kind including negligence or future negligence which may occur while participating in any activity connected with, or at, the BMM2019 Convention. This acknowledgement and release is fully understood and fully given as it is acknowledged that there are risks of physical injury, property damage, or other damages associated with, arising out of and inherent to the physical performance or attendance at any of the BMM2019 Convention related events. All Participants or parents and/or guardians of minor Participants voluntarily waive all rights and/or causes of action as set forth.
- These Terms and Conditions must be read in conjunction with the Guidelines for respective competitions, terms and conditions of the competition entry form, BMM2019 Convention registration form, any other oral or written instructions provided by the BCC.