Watch this video by ace photographer Tejas Nerurkar and get inspired to participate in the photography exhibition and showcase your amazing talent.
We have many great photographers in the Marathi communities across the world. We photograph many great events celebrating our Indian culture and values, no matter where we are. In today’s world, many great photographs simply get lost in the deluge of photographs shared and posted in the social media. They hardly get the attention and appreciation they deserve. Such great photographs can not only be used to preserve and promote our rich culture but also be used to educate other cultures around the world. At the BMM2019 convention, we plan to provide all such photographers, a platform to showcase their talent and also help a cause to promote our culture. We hope you all will participate with great enthusiasm and submit your best photographs depicting Indian culture, values, and celebrations.
Topics for photography:
Indian Culture, India tourism (Photo of a place you visited), Indian Values and Celebrations anywhere in the world.
Places, Nature, Humans (portraits/groups/people). Indian context is prefered but not mandatory.
General Rules, Eligibility and Guidelines:
- The minimum age to participate is 12 years as of July 11, 2019.
- Participants can be a professionals or amateur photographers.
- The juried selection for the photography will be conducted in following stages:
- Participants will submit digital photo entries via the BMM2019 Photography Entry form (see entry form links at the end of the page).
- A jury will select the photographs from the digital entries.
- The selected photographs will be eligible for display at the BMM2019 convention in Dallas in the Photography exhibition if the photographers register for BMM2019 convention as attendees. The photographers will need to bear their own convention registration, travel and accommodation costs to participate in the exhibition. Bringing the framed copy of their selected photograph for the exhibition will be participant’s responsibility.
- The deadline to submit entries is March 31 2019.
Rules for Entry Submission:
- Participants must submit the photographs along with the entry forms. Only digital entries will be used for the selection process.
- Only one photograph can be submitted in an entry form.
- Participants can submit up to 3 photography entries. Participants will need to fill and submit the form separately for each entry.
- If more than 3 entries are submitted by the same participant, the additional entries will not be included in the selection process. Entry fees for such submissions are non-refundable.
- Entry fee for 1 photograph entry is $20.
- The participant must be the owner and copyright holder of the photograph submitted.
- Photographs submitted more than once as entries will be removed from the selection process.
- Photographs can be submitted regardless if they had been published before. However, the entered photograph should not have been part of an entry for any other competition within the last 3 months.
- Photographss must meet the following specifications:
- Photographs must be uploaded in JPEG, TIFF, SVG or PNG format with high quality resolution. (Winning photographs will be used for high quality reproduction).
- Photographs must be at least 1600 pixels wide (if a horizontal photograph) or 1600 pixels tall (if a vertical photograph).
- The file size of the photograph should not exceed 40MB.
- Photographs must not reveal the name of the photographer, watermark or any other information that can identify the photographer.
- All submissions must also include creative captions.
- Only single exposure and single frame pictures will be accepted. The following are not accepted:
- Stitched panoramas, either produced in-camera or with photograph editing software.
- Adding, rearranging, reversing, distorting or removing people and/or objects from within the frame
- Altered content of the photograph. There are two exceptions: cropping that removes extraneous details and removing sensor dust spots is permitted.
- Adjustments of color or conversion to grayscale that do not alter the content are permitted, with two exceptions:
- Changes in color may not result in significant changes in hue, to such an extent that the processed colors diverge from the original colors.
- Changes in contrast, color and/or saturation levels that alter content by eliminating backgrounds, and/or objects or people in the background of the photograph, are not permitted.
- Photographs of captive animals photographed in zoos and commercial game farms are not permitted.
- The judging will be primarily based on (but not limited to):
- Impact on the audience (“I wish I had taken that picture…”)
- Artistic approach and uniqueness
- Special Effects
- Finish and Presentation
- Clarity of message or expression
- Appropriate Caption
How to create the entry:
- Participants must enter the contest through BMM2019’s Art exhibition entry page (see link below for art entry form). After clicking the entry form link, you will be directed to the BMM2019 competitions via submittable.com application.
- New users must create a new user account for submittable.com after clicking the entry form link. One can choose the option to save (remember) your submittable user id and password to auto-login the next time. Once logged into submittable, the entry form can be filled.
- Existing users can use their submittable user id and password to access their submissions history, drafts and new entry forms.
- Primary contact must be 18 years or older. Participants below 18 years must have an adult primary contact. For others, primary contact and participant name can be the same.
- The address and phone number entered should be the primary contact’s address (same as payment card address). In addition, participants must provide their city and state/province name.
- Participants must provide their age
- Participants must indicate if they are amateur or professional photographers as part of the entry form details.
- Participants must provide the required information, upload the photograph/s and make the payment via submittable application to complete the submission. Participants have the option to “Save as Draft” to save partially entered forms. Participants must submit the form before the deadline to enter into the competition.
- The entry form and photos cannot be updated or cancelled once submitted.
- The entry fee is nonrefundable.
- Participants will receive a confirmation of their submission and the payment receipt on the email id provided in the entry form.
- Participants can login to the submittable application to view their submissions.
- To submit more entries, participant can use the entry form link again.
Please read the additional terms and conditions on the link below before submitting your entry